Friday, October 29, 2010

Time to figure this out for real

Alright.  I'm back

I had to take some time away from blogging so BF and I could work out some kinks in private.  I was really struggling...I didn't want this to be a fun game we were playing.  It needs to be real.

Even though I wasn't writing, I was reading...alot.


I found some things around here that were really helpful in getting BF and I on track and helping us to figure out how to make this work for us.

The first post I found that was really helpful was over at Finding Sara.   Who knew that a simple change of wording would work so well for me?

Another post that helped was one of Mick's at Husbandly Touch.  BF agreed that we also needed to deal with our 'slippages'.

Something else that I found was a PDF file on Scribd.  It's called 'A Beginner's Guide to Leadership and Submission'.  The user there who uploaded it also has a number of other articles on TTWD and here's a link to that directory if you're interested.

We've decided to implement the 21 day 'bootcamp'...modified for our own relationship of course.  We started this yesterday and so far it seems to be working well for us.  I'll keep you posted!

Love,

7 comments:

  1. I hope the boot camp is going rewardingly. Thanks for the information on Leadership and Submission.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I kknew that you were struggling, so I am happy to see you back and feeling much better. I hope it continues to work for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. B'Man: "Boot camp" is what it was intended to be. That in itself is rewarding. And you're very welcome. I assumed that if we found it interesting...that someone else might as well.

    Anon: I very much appreciate you checking back in with me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll be very interested to hear how boot camp is going! I've shared the info on Leadership and Submission with Scott and we're supposed to discuss it this weekend. Best wishes to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just wanted to welcome you to the community. Found you by following from a referral from your blog. Hope bootcamp is going well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. As I count, the 21 days are over. Are you still there? I am concerned about you and your relationship. Be kind to each other and talk a lot. Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had found the boot camp info also, and passed it on to my husband. We're talking about how to implement it here; I think it would be very useful for us. We struggle with J's natural laid back personality; I'm finding that I crave strong control, and that's very different for him. Hope the boot camp worked for you both and you're finding yourselves in TTWD.

    ReplyDelete