Monday, October 4, 2010

Questions without answers

Dear Diary,

Wow...the weekend flew by!  

12 birthday party guests on Saturday afternoon
6 children in the house on Saturday night
3 birthday paries
2 under the weather parents
1 set of keys locked in a vehicle
1 deer struck by our other vehicle

We got through it, but I didn't do the excercises I promised both BF and our trainer that I would do each morning, which may have contributed to my out of sorts feeling on Sunday (that and the headache that stayed with me all day).

Last night, BF asked me if I thought I needed a 'maintenance spanking'.  I immediately said I didn't.  

I told him I likely would never answer that question with an affirmative.  He told me that he's still new to this, and that if I feel like I need a spanking, I'm to tell him.  Fair enough, but I'm still never going to answer that question with an affirmative.

He was likely correct...he knows me well - he is my Best Friend after all...and if he had told me I needed one, I would have accepted that (as gracefully as I could).  And I imagine I would have agreed afterward that I did indeed need it and that it had helped.

I also imagine that if BF weren't fighting a chest cold last night, that would have been how it went.

Love,

4 comments:

  1. Sugar locked her keys AND someone else's keys in her vehicle this weekend too! Needless to say I wanted to strike my "dear" with the other vehicle but chose to keep a cool head.

    It's nice that BF is looking out for you by asking you about a maintenance. I wouldn't expect for you to say yes and am certain that he will figure you out - for sorting you out - soon enough.

    I hope he gets better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! BF was responsible for both vehicle mishaps! The second because of the first...nobody (other than the deer) was hurt, and the vehicle is well insured, so all will soon be back to normal.

    And yes, he knows me well enough that it won't tale long for him to figure out how to sort me out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad I made no specific accusations!

    You tell BF to get it together over there! Say it respectfully, of course. ;)

    Better yet, you tell him that "I" said to get it together over there!

    I hope he gets better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I'll pass on telling him to get it together...seems like that would be asking for an attitude adjustment!!!

    I hope he gets better soon too...

    ReplyDelete