Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Getting 'Taken Care Of'

Dear Diary,

We have a personal trainer come to our home twice a week to work out with us – our kid schedule doesn’t really allow us to go out to the gym or take fitness classes on a weekly basis, so this works well for us.  He’s personable and we both get a great work-out twice a week.  I enjoy our time with him and I’m feeling stronger and in better shape, so it’s all worth it.

Last week when he was over, I was grumpy and maybe a little more whiney than usual.  I was also a few minutes late (traffic).  He commented to BF that he should ‘take care of me’ after the workout and he made a spanking gesture.  I hope I kept my composure, but I did later ask BF what the heck they were talking about before I got there!  He laughed, because of course we don’t talk about this with anyone.

Last night, I was less grumpy and whiney so he made a comment to BF that he must have done a good job of ‘taking care’ of me last week.  We just laughed and played along.

Truthfully, BF did lay down the law about me being ready on time and taking our work-outs more seriously.

I love our children, but I’m looking forward to Friday night when we’ll have more privacy around the house and BF can ‘take care of me’.

Love,

2 comments:

  1. Isn't it great to have the little (BIG!) secret that just you two can enjoy when in the presence of others? It gives "this thing we do" a special charge. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It IS fun to have a secret for just the two of us. Thanks so much for being so supportive as we begin this journey...it is very much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete